Shady Acres Civic Club, proudly supporting the Shady Acres neighborhood, which is located in the heart of Houston, Texas, is an enthusiastic volunteer organization, compromised of diverse individuals who share a common interest – To Make Shady Acres The Best Neighborhood in Houston!
Shady Acres Civic Club works with the City of Houston to keep our neighborhood safe and beautiful. We also are in constant contact with the super-neighborhood council, local businesses, police and fire departments, and other service groups to make sure our community is always informed about what’s going on in our community, as well as in the entire city of Houston.
It's so easy to become a sponsor! So, come on and Join us!
Our next Shady Acres Civic Club General Meeting is Tuesday, July 8, 2014.
Meet new neighbors and old friends and listen to all of the
exciting things going on in your neighborhood.
Landscape architects from Clark Condon will be presenting the design and estimates for the renovation of Wright Bembry Park (850 W. 23rd St) led by the City of Housoton Parks Department. They will also be soliciting feedback. Please join us. We want your opinions!
All are welcome!
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
The Live Oak Meeting House
(1318 W. 26th St.)
Helpful Telephone Numbers
We are in District H: email@example.com 832-383-3003
City of Houston: 713-247-1000 http://www.houstontx.gov/
Office of Emergency Management: 713-884-4500
- Telecommunicaton Device for the Deaf (TDD): 713-884-4518
- Mayor's Citizens Assistance Office: 713-247-2907
- Police Department: 713-884-3131
- Fire Department: 713-247-5000
Harris County Emergency Office: 713-881-3100
Metropolitan Transit Authority: 713-739-4000
- METRO Police: 713-224-2677
- METRO Lift: 713-225-0119
- METRO Assistance Center: 713-658-0180
- Customer Service/Motorist Assostance: 713-225-5627
State of Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety: 281-517-1300
- Texas Department of Transportation: 713-802-5000
- Local Road Conditions and Closures: 713-802-5074
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: 713-767-3500
- American Red Cross (Greater Houston): 713-526-8300
- Salvation Army: 713-752-0677
- United Way: 713-685-2300
- National Weather Service: 281-337-5074
- Marine Information Recording: 281-337-7895
- US Coast Guard-Marine Safety Office: 713-671-5100
- Gettin a trash can or recycling bin and Water Hookup: Call 3-1-1
- Gas: Centerpoint: 713-659-2111
- Electric: Reliant Energy: 713-207-2222
QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES
- Street Light/Stop Sign/Pot Hol Repair: Call 3-1-1 or 713-207-2222
- To Report Grafitti: Call 3-1-1
- To Report Illegal Dumping: 713-525-2728